Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tiberiam

The official forum for the region of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Database Requirements!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

Database Requirements!!! Empty
PostSubject: Database Requirements!!!   Database Requirements!!! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:14 am

So basically... this is a place to come whenever you feel lost on Database. What is a good database? What is an ACCEPTABLE database? Where should I start with?

All good questions. And for that, I give you bare minimum of what should be there in tiers. Tier 1 is a bare minimum of what SHOULD be kept inside the Database for a proper RP function. Other tiers are bare minimum requirements for obtaining a ranking system in Tiberiam: Advanced Roleplayer and Honorary Roleplayer. Keep in mind that there can always be more... this is just bare minimum of what should be there.

Every now and then I shall go around and check the database and give it a rating. The rating is simply a reminder of how well you are doing in terms of database... that and for your ego ^^

• Tier 1: basic requirement met... bare minimal, of course.
  • Tier 1+: all the requirements of Tier 1 was met and then some, but not quite enough for Tier 2. Usually in this case one or more part (economy, government, military) is AWESOME, but other parts are lacking to get into Tier 2.
  • Tier 2: You are ready to become Advanced Roleplayer if you haven't already... database-wise.
  • Tier 2+: same as Tier 1+, you have met above the expectations of Tier 2 but not yet excelling into Tier 3.
  • Tier 3: You are ready to apply for Honorary Roleplayer status.
  • Tier 3+: Great overall database! You met beyond the expectations of Tier 3 Database and is a good example of what we should all work towards!
  • Tier 3++: Amazing Database! It has great work and works that were not even required in normal Database requirements!! An outstanding work of a country!
  • Tier 3+++: Phenomenal workmanship, a stunning example of all that is database. Great detail, great explanation. It is a great, well-done, stunning example of database in Tiberiam. Good job!!!

Now with that said... let's go onto Tier requirements!

This is NOT a limit of what you can put in your database… but the BARE MINIMUM required for each tier.

The examples are provided so that you can understand what I’m talking about… THEY ARE NOT HOW YOU SHOULD DO YOUR DATABASE
Remember that you will need to get to Tier 2 to apply for Advanced Roleplayer and Tier 3 to apply for Honorary Roleplayer

• Tier 1 (for all Roleplayers wishing to participate in the RP)
    • Economy Condition: Tier 1 (copy and post from NSEconomy)
      • Be sure to divide EVERYTHING besides Income Tax Rate, budget % rate, GDP per Capita, Unemployment Rate, and Exchange Rate
    • Military Condition: Tier 1
      • How much of your population is military?
      • Maximum number of military you can have as a country is [total_population * 3~10%]
      • Maximum number of ACTIVE military personnel in your country is [max_#_total_military * %_defense_budget]
      • Rest of number of military personnel REMAINING after you subtract active military personnel from your maximum number of military is RESERVE military personnel.

• Tier 2 (for all Roleplayers wishing to advance to “Advanced Roleplayer” and beyond)
    • Military Condition: Tier 2
      • How much of your militaries are devoted into each branches of military (airforce, navy, ground, special forces, etc.)
      • Number of machines in service (# of tanks, # of fighters, etc.)
      • Has to be LOGICAL numbers
    • Economy Condition: Tier 2
      • Regular update of economy… every THREE months
    • Government Condition: Tier 2
      • Explain BRIEFLY what government type your country is in (Democratic, Tyrannical, Autocratic, etc.)

• Tier 3 (for all Roleplayers wishing or applying to “Honorary Roleplayer”)
    • Military Condition: Tier 3
      • BRIEF description of military divisions (ex. Country A’s ground army has lasting tradition that has survived the revolutionary times and beyond, etc.) [One Line description accepted]
      • BRIEF description of secret service (ex. The Federal Army Corps, or FAC, has been in the service of protecting the country from harm by adapting the tactic of “covert preemptive strike” to strike at what could be the potential target of the country.)
        • [I HAVE to assume that everyone has their own special forces… if not, however, make a simple line like, “Country B’s chivalrous culture laughs at the secret societies that other countries have.”]
    • Economic Condition: Tier 3
      • BRIEF description of the economy (market economy, command economy, etc.)
      • Main produce of the country (oil, corn, metallurgy, military technology, etc.)
    • Government Condition: Tier 3
      • BRIEF history of government
        SUBSTANTIAL information about government type
      • BRIEF description of branches of government (ex. President: President Meister Nano, Vice President: VP Lincoln Maddox, Minister of Death: Grimmy R Black)

Back to top Go down
New Donkholme
Founder
New Donkholme

Honor: Casual RPer
Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Database Requirements!!!   Database Requirements!!! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm partial to the idea of "What You See Is What You Get" in terms of filling out the databases.
Some information should be considered government secrets.
If I fill out a Tier with "Topic: Secret" would that negatively affect my ability to 'gain ranks' in tiers?
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Database Requirements!!!   Database Requirements!!! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Depends on topic to topic.

If you want to keep your number of secret agency members a secret, but give rough estimate of what it is, that's fine. But if you want to... for whatever reason... keep your government type as top secret... I say meh on that and it will affect your tier ranking.

Basically... the things that SHOULD be top secret can be top secret. Something like a the number of nuclear weapons or intelligence agency projects. However, something that really isn't being a top secret... well, that is just laziness and I will treat it as such ^^

However, also keep this in mind: Those who are accessing your Database isn't a country, but a Roleplayer. A good RPer would know which information is secretive and which isn't. If not, you can always TG me and I shall delete the RPer's post under the terms of "godmoding," which it is. So you don't have to worry about other countries getting upper hand on some things because you showed everything about a country. You can simply call godmode and the post will be null-and-void.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Database Requirements!!!   Database Requirements!!! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 am

I'll bump here just in case you all have forgotten... REMEMBER THIS!

I'll take my time to eventually go for a patrol... T^T oh the irony of extra work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Database Requirements!!!   Database Requirements!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Database Requirements!!!
Page 1 of 1