Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tiberiam

The official forum for the region of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Tiberiam Assembly Conference

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Honor: Casual RPer
Casual Roleplayer

The Tiberiam Assembly Conference Empty
PostSubject: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:15 am

The Constitutional Monarchy of Fideliara cordially invites all peace-loving nations concerned with the future of our Region and our world to attend a Conference concerning the creation of a new international peace-keeping body. This "Tiberiam Assembly" would provide a place where international concerns could be aired and steps to limit violence, protect humanity, and enforce agreements could be taken quickly and definitively.

Our congress has drafted a Charter for such a body and we request the presence of all like minded nations to discuss the draft, sign a final copy, and pool their strength and resolve that we might make the world a better place.

The conference is being held at the mountain facility outside Alexandria where they Maynila summit was held. All diplomats by report in to their respective embassy within Fideliara to arrange transport. We look forward to seeing many of you there.

-Alexander II
Presiding Monarch
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honor: Honorary RPer
Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 am

The SSRL and Cirt - obviously totally separately - have agreed to attend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:12 pm

As some nations have already begun ratification and signing by proxy all interested parties may do such as well. However, it will still be necessary to attend the convention as, if we can get all interested signatures, we can use the time to begin elections for the first security council and Secretariat.
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra
Duckspeaker
Civa-Orchestra

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:17 am

Possibly the first thing someone would see once they entered the spacious office would be the spectacular view of the capital city below. At this particular time, there was a man standing before the immensely large windows, probably enjoying a view no man could ever tire of. His suit jacket was draped over the chair that he often sat at when he conducted his work, as was his tie. In his right hand he held a glass of some kind of amber colored liquor, though based on all first appearances, he didn't seem to be a heavy drinker. As he pressed the glass slowly to this lips so that he could take a drink, a young man strolled in and slapped a fold filled with paper on the desk in the middle of the room. Cyrus only gave a shrug and quickly drank the rest of the alcohol. He slowly made his way to his desk and picked up the folder, briefly skimming its documents. Of course, it was invitation for a conference to form a new Tiberiam Assembly. Definitely an interesting idea by the Fidelians who so often championed for civil rights and morality. However, there had always been a suspicious quality about them when they so often prostrate themselves into similar projects. He closed the folder and laid it back where he had found it. The aide that had brought it to him had already left so he was now once again by himself.

Code:
Dear esteemed Fidelian hosts,

Your offer for Civa-Orchestra to attend the conference to establish a "Tiberiam Assembly" has been formally accepted. It is the role of every responsible nation to aid in the creation of a more secure and safer Tiberiam for all the generations that will come after us. The rise of dictators and neglect of human rights throughout the world paints a vivid portrait of how the free nations of Tiberiam are failing. Therefore, it is Civa-Orchestra's desire to help to create a more stable, democratic world to maintain stability. On behalf of both of our nations, let us succeed in every possible way.
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:35 pm

[Ambassadors from all over the region have arrived with anxious hearts. They arrived by both Air and Sea. Some accompanied by just a few aides carrying briefcases off of merchant ships; others with entire staffs filing out of private jets emblazoned with banners from all corners of Tiberiam.

They have come in varying states of preparedness, with differing expectations, and conflicting personal convictions. However, one thing they share in this experience is that they all know, all feel, that they are about to participate in something bigger than themselves. Something bigger than most have ever imagined.

There were many roads traveled to arrive at the convention center high in the Fidelian mountains, but only one that mattered now. This endeavor was to set the course for the region and perhaps someday, for humanity itself.

Those that participated in the Maynilla Summit saw the facility now and full capacity. The noise in the main chamber was nearly deafening. Aides and translators flew back and forth in a coordinated chaos to show ambassadors to their seats. The only escape from the madness was the view through the back window. A massive wall-sized opening in the structure that looked out over the snow-capped mountains. Many diplomats found themselves standing shoulder-to-shoulder with those they had never met, whose languages they had never heard, mesmerized by the beauty.

As they watched the wind play with the whips of snow and ice, carrying them to and fro across the frozen valley, it was easy to forget about the noise, the crowd, even the world itself. The view seemed to be from a fairy tale, or some other epitomized imagining that a child might have of uncorrupted natural beauty.

The spell was broken as a gentle voice over the speaker system cut through the dull roar of the crowd. The voice announced, in nearly a dozen languages, the beginning of the conference and requested all diplomats to take their seats and all non-essential personnel to clear the room. In just a few minutes the crowd shrank to a third of its size. Silence fell upon the room as two figures entered a door near the front podium.

A man, in his mid-40's with a charismatic smile approaches the microphones. He is followed by a woman in her 50's who by posture and appearance could be nothing but a career politician. As the man reaches the microphone array he looks back at her for an approving nod, composes himself, and speaks. Messages flash on the desks across the room instructing foreign speaking ambassadors to don their headphones
]

Hello diplomats of Tiberiam. For those of you who do not know me I am Alexander II, presiding monarch of The Constitutional Monarchy of Fideliara. I wish to welcome you all to Fideliara and more importantly, to welcome you all the the Tiberiam Assembly Conference.

It is my sincerest hope, that today we will set a course for the peaceful future of Tiberiam. One that our children, and our children's children, can be proud of. There are many differences between us, and many obstacles that we face. Centuries-old conflicts, racial divides, barriers of language, and cultural values stand in the way of civil discourse. but we are not here for bitter recriminations. Nor are we here to discuss the sins of our fathers.

We are here today to discuss the future. Of ourselves, and our region. To take the first step towards a deeper understanding of our neighbors, and the world around us. To ensure the survival of decency and of humanity itself. This Tiberiam Assembly will be a beacon of light in a savage world. A guardian against tyranny and evil. I hope that one day the members of this assembly will come to realize that all peoples of the world are "their" people. That this realization will spread to their countries, and that one day we won't need a regional assembly to protect civil rights and promote peace because the evil of human-kind will have died out long ago.

Until that day, however, we have a duty to act against those that would destroy freedoms and who would have war over peace. We have a responsibility to ensure that our decedents need not face the horrors of war that our ancestors have. We have an obligation to find a civil way to resolve conflicts. This is only a beginning my friends, but I hope it will be the beginning of the end for the evils of this world. I hope you will all stand together towards that end.

Thank you all for coming. Thank you for your time, for lending your ears, and for sharing your voices. I will now turn things over to the real host of these proceedings: Prime Minister Andrea Ulrich.

[Andrea Ulrich takes the stage during the applause and waits for it to die down. King Alexander II takes his seat beside the podium.]

A touching speech, to be sure. Sadly I must now turn to business, but I believe his highness has given us all something to think about and take with us after these proceedings end.

I'd like to welcome you all personally to the Tiberiam Assembly Conference. You have all read the proposed charter. Before we begin discussions as to membership I'd like to hear from anyone who has adjustments or additions they wish to have made to the charter.
Back to top Go down
T.D.A
Minnow

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 pm

(Director Tony M. M.)
I am glad you have invited my staff and myself to be at this meeting. Now I have a few suggestions for the Tiberiam Assembly Charter. One being that I believe there should be at least three permanent members on the Security Council, my reasoning for this is so that the founding members have a little more “Say-so” in what the council does. Now please realize I understand where you are coming from when you said you didn’t think there should be any permanent members, because you want everyone to be equally represented but my thought process is that the world is not a fair place and neither is life. Getting to my point is that I personally believe there should be a few members that hold permanent seats on the Security Council. Thank you for listening to what I have to say.
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:09 pm

(Prime Minister Andrea Ulrich)

Thank you for your opinion Director Tony, it is most welcome. I have a few responses. The first is that, as we have said, we believe that permanent members undermine the very idea of a regional assembly by establishing that some members and their opinions are more important than others.

However, the point you make is valid and has been considered by my staff. Surely the assembly can be egalitarian while also acknowledging that some nations are better equipped to handle matters of world safety than others. The issue here is that the popular election of Security Council members was always envisioned to have a few recurring names in acknowledgment of this fact. To make permanent members is to assume the General Assembly is not intelligent or insightful enough to make the appropriate selections themselves.

Finally, three permanent seats means increasing the size of the Security Council and therefore limiting its effectiveness and response time. I think we can all agree that and odd number would make the most sense that necessitates at least 5 seats on the council. Is this what you recommend or do you want more?

All of this being said, we are open to the idea if the rest of this assembly agrees with your recommendations. Perhaps, though, it would be better if you said explicitly what you desire. That is to say, no one wants permanent members unless they already have some idea of who they would be. Your recommendations for these proposed permanent seats would be interesting to hear prior to making such a decision.

The floor is still open to any other suggestions you have director, or anyone willing to voice their opinion on the necessity of permanent Security Council seats.
Back to top Go down
T.D.A
Minnow

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:48 pm

(Director Tony M. M.)
Well in my opinion I don’t think it would undermine the ideals at all. Assuming that the officials wouldn’t be corrupt or dishonest (praying not). I was not assuming that the General Assembly would not be intelligent by not as quick to be able to come up with the proper solution to whatever the issue may be. It may be that the council will take longer but I believe its effectiveness will not be decreased but increased because it will be able to gain a few more perspective on the situation. I do have so recommendations for the permanent seats I personally believe it should be a member from the following nations listed in order of preference: Fideliara, Lenyo, Hijjma, Civa-Orchestra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tiberiam Assembly Conference   The Tiberiam Assembly Conference Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tiberiam Assembly Conference
Page 1 of 1