Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tiberiam

The official forum for the region of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New government (cont.)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

New government (cont.) Empty
PostSubject: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:00 am

If there is ONE thing I cannot steamroll through, it is current government. We need some legitimate government so we can start operating.... not JUST on SoC level, but on other levels as well.

Currently, SoC is only one branch of gov that is still functional. Others are pretty much down. So we need to start discussing the hard rules first. We can produce a full constitution once the breaks comes around, but we need some kind of temporary leadership first.

So... last time I checked...

Chancellor of Foreign Policy
  • Recruitment
  • WA Delegate
  • Organization of regional invasions
  • Official diplomat
    Chancellor of Domestic Policy
  • Census taking
  • Ticker updates
  • Forum/Sub-Forum maintenance
  • Corruption monitoring
    Chancellor of Social Policy
  • Oversee roleplay
  • Mediation of disputes
  • Oversee cartography
  • User management

I think we agreed to keep the regional invasions and such away from our own region. However, I do believe having a standard WA members supporting single WA delegate (now that our founder is gone) is vital. Other than that... everything else seems to be in order.

We should modify from this system and reach a more valid points. We also need folks to start taking responsibilities and overseeing temporary jobs. You obviously know that I will be enacting as CoSP until this whole constitution is amended. However, as for others, I have no clue who can do what.

I suppose first thing in order is... Who wants these jobs, and are these roles solid for the temporary relief of our region? Any comments? Concerns? Curses?
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honor: Honorary RPer
Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 am

Foreign Policy- Whoever is WAD. No election.
Domestic- Election. Terms of 3 months
SoC- Election. Term until resignation, inactivity, or thrown out by BoC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Hmmm....

under a bit more look, i can see the contradiction. CoFP needs to be able to move around the regions to recruit and or to be a diplomat. And thus... having WA delegation is sort of weird.

And also giving census taking to CoDP while giving the ultimate execution to CoFP is also a bit inefficient...

I would say to shift WA delegate to CoDP, while putting more emphasis on CoFP. And I do believe ALL should be elected position.

So how about this?

CoFP: elected. Every 3 month sounds nice
CoDP: elected, but whoever is WA delegate is CoDP. Candidate can arise any time to steal the positin
CoSP: elected, but only when challenged by CoFP. CoFP can find CoSP to be corrupt (CoFP should be given corruption monitoring role intead of CoDP... although that sounds a bit awkward...), and new election can be created by Board of Culture.

Board of Culture will be selected from "Honorary RPer" statuses.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:13 am

bump for Len, who forgot about this thread.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:27 am

I like it. Let's ratify. Lenyo/HESS votes AYE.
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra
Duckspeaker
Civa-Orchestra

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:08 pm

I vote in favor only to get things moving along.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Civa-Orchestra wrote:
I vote in favor only to get things moving along.
Good choice
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:57 pm

AYE
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Alright. 3 votes, 1 absentee, and 3 inactive. I say the motion passes.

Eventually we will have to lay down the foundation for Senate and have a legislative branch made besides the 3 executive branch. HOWEVER... currently all we need is executive branch.

So we need to start taking roles. For now, Oscal has both the position of Social and Domestic policy... which means that some1 will have to take the domestic policy. Census taker and a ticker updater. We also need a VERY crucial Foreign Policy Chancellor. One that can go around the forums and recruit people via TG or otherwise.

Who is up for the challenge? Until someone decent comes by, I will keep my position as Social Policy.

Lastly... the thing that we need to establish... basically mass-main format for recruiting purposes. Like something that you can simply copy and paste into TGs of people we try to recruit. It needs to have some kind of greeting and tell the advantage of Tiberiam as a region.

Once in the region, I will have to be active in getting them to join the RP, but that's another matter. We also need to have someone go around to feeder regions and post in their regional board... I think we need to either revive or re-make Tiberiam Recruiter.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:03 pm

I'll be temporary FPC. If somebody really wants the position, I'll relinquish it readily. Otherwise, I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:53 am

I could have the Domestic policy
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:50 pm

That would be epic, KI, but I need your main back in Tiberiam for WA delegate. If you could do that... and remind us again when you are moving to Democrats... I think that could work out ^^

We should discuss the recruitment post now. What should be in this? Meanwhile, I'll definitely be wroking on writing down the temporary constitution. Nothing complex like the last, but something lasting so that we can make a legit one once we have enough population to start.

You know... this is SO odd... it is like the second founding of Tiberiam... once it was Donk, Ras, Grace, and NX. All of which has CTE. Now in second founding we have ... E (stop switching nations, dammit!), Civa, KI, and Osc. Four founders, new start. ^^ I like this. I just wish that others would come back... it was epic those days...
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra
Duckspeaker
Civa-Orchestra

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:15 pm

I don't know if any of you still have the old recruitment letter. If you do, then great. Post it here so we can dissect it by removing and adding necessary parts. If not, it's not a big deal. We'll just have to make one from scratch.

Second founding? I suppose since we're pretty bare bones at the moment. It's a good thing that the only direction we can go from here is up.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:54 am

I brought back my WA nation here. It won't leave the region anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks KI. Well... you CAN leave us, but if you do, could you let us know in advance, so we can switch our delegate to somewhere else? That would be epic~

I unfortunately don't have the recruitment letter. We will have to make from scratch.

I mean... for most recruitment posts, we have greeting first, and then introduction of the region, asking to join the community. Same goes for TG as well as regional postings. Is there more to add? Or specifics we should mention?

Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:38 am

I'll create our recruitment letter.

I will post it soon as my schedule clears.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:40 am

So, it seems this is my job:

Census taking
Ticker updates
Forum/Sub-Forum maintenance
Corruption monitoring

Could somebody please make me an admin?
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:36 am

Sure, KI... but I think I forgot something here...

For one, I keep forgetting the contradictions... I think I haven't solved one that Ras had...

Firstly, domestic policy REQUIRES WAD. Census taking. Secondly... foreign policy REQUIRES to be open to travel around. I forgot those two crucial parts. And delegation of power based on efficiency... I'll simply re-do the post here. I will be working on temporary constitutional rules after this.

Chancellor of Foreign Policy
  • Recruitment
  • WA Delegate
  • Organization of regional invasions
  • Official diplomat
  • Corruption Monitoring
    Chancellor of Domestic Policy
  • Census taking
  • WA Delegate
  • Ticker updates
  • Forum/Sub-Forum maintenance
  • Corruption monitoring
    Chancellor of Social Policy
  • Oversee roleplay
  • Mediation of disputes
  • Oversee cartography
  • User management

I think I mentioned this change before, but just didn't make it finalized on the main roles section and got people confused... including me. CoFP, this way, is the ONLY official position needing to be elected on regular basis. Rest could work nearly permanent role until challenged by CoFP and or retires. Then re-election can take place.

Oh and so sorry, KI... I WILL get around to giving you admin privileges. Although... I will have to get around to the fact that admin=/=elected position. Mainly it may mean later that there might be jerks who become admins. Regardless, I have been meaning to give all the founders admin rights to begin with, so this doesn't matter. By Sunday, you will have your admin rights... if not, KI, feel free to TG me silly ^^
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:48 pm

So, I'm supposed to be the WA Delegate?
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:51 pm

I'll use my WA nation to help get you elected, then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New government (cont.)   New government (cont.) Empty

Back to top Go down

New government (cont.)
Page 1 of 1