Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tiberiam

The official forum for the region of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Name for our government system...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

Name for our government system... Empty
PostSubject: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:41 am

I just realized... Tiberiam used to be "Tribal Council." And afterwards, utilizing the government system given by NX, it became "Judicial Republic."

However... currently our system of government is RADICALLY different from NX's model. What we have is RIDICULOUSLY powerful executive branch followed by legislative branch who elects the positions into power. There is checks and balances, but such right is ONLY given to CoFP, who is re-elected tri-monthly.

This is probably because most of the system is my brainchild... gearing towards efficiency instead of legitimacy. However, we need to figure out what to name this system. Does anyone have any ideas? Because seriously? This is probably not a judicial republic anymore... I mean... we no longer "judge." We act on our own wantings ^^.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honor: Honorary RPer
Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:07 pm

Troika
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:07 pm

Or Triumvirate if you want it to sound less death-panel-y.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:01 pm

The Triumvirates of Tiberiam? ToT? Sounds interesting ^^

I think that is good. And it matches (somewhat) with the constitution. We shall keep it until we can get a team of us to study NX's judicial republic system and have IT back as our original constitution... although I am SO vamping up donk's constitution...

Any other ideas? Or agreement that this is epic?
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Latin clearly isn't spoken much in South Korea. Allow me to dictate the grammatical technicalities.

A triumvirate is ruled by three triumviri. The singular is trimuvir.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Latin isn't spoken ANYWHERE... maybe except vatican. And I did learn Latin.

However, Triumvirate is an ENGLISH NOUN. The original word that you are looking for is Triumviratus, whose plural form is Triumvirati. While the definition indicates set of three in a government... exact definition being the office or magistracy of a triumvir or a government of three officers or magistrates functioning jointly... and thus my definition of Triumvirates being wrong meaning-wise, it is by NO means that you could insult Korea by stating that we do not know Latin.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:33 am

Correct, triumvirate is English. Triumvir and triumviri are Italian. Both descend from Latin. And, yeah, Latin isn't a vernacular tongue anywhere.

And why would not knowing Latin be an insult?
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 am

You forget my ethnicity: I am Korean.

One thing you MUST know about Koreans: we get offended and insulted in nearly EVERYTHING negative about our ethnicity. Hence, when you said a general statement that all Koreans are inept at learning Latin, I conceive that as an insult. Your piece of ethnic information thar.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Huh.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Oh, speaking of offending Koreans, I sell racist t-shirts on the side. I found the perfect one for you.

Not squinting, just Korean

What do you think? Razz

Also, here's the best Chappelle clip. Sorry that everything is backwards on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name for our government system...   Name for our government system... Empty

Back to top Go down

Name for our government system...
Page 1 of 1