Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tiberiam

The official forum for the region of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desk of Omega Military Construct

Go down 
+3
Rasvidi
Lenyo
Oscalantine
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honor: Honorary RPer
Honorary Roleplayer

Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:00 am

KingIsaac wrote:
I'm applying my antimatter weapon to be OMC.
Antimatter releases energy equal to that inserted during production, when at maximum efficiency. There are far more efficient weapons available. (Nukes)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:12 am

The antimatter discussion has been given an exclusive thread:

https://tiberiam.forumotion.com/t57-kingisaac-s-invention-debate
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 pm

I decided to make an executive decision again...

well, firstly, I did import Isis's old status into the RP. Although it was before "Honorary Rule" was set in Tiberiam, Isis did mention that he was leaving, and I do consider that as being "Isolationist" when Isis left... which is obvious since Isis was isolationistic to begin with. So I did import his weapons.

Another decision that I made was to just kick out nuclear submarine from the OMC category. I thought that was just something that we should do. Everyone and their mother somewhat deserves nuclear subs... and nowadays, even attack cruiser subs have nuclear power. So... I guess that is less of an OMC ^^
I am still keeping UCVs as OMC, though... mainly because the "swarm" idea is sort of working out. And I still think that UCVs should be researched before being made ^^
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:10 am

Edited some minor changes....

Firstly, the OMC-val of kinetic orbital weapon was raised from OMC-val 10 to OMC-val 10.5. Basically? I upped the rating from "WMD" to "sort-of Doomsday weapon." Main reasoning for this is that the more I am learning about the weapon, the more powerful it seems. Still doing some research, and I may lower the value back to OMC-val 10 if I find out that it isn't all that powerful. I am also realizing how hard it is to counter, despite the ease of countering satellites. Therefore, the bar has been raised to 10.5. I hope no1 is complaining.

Other than that... I added KI as holder of orbital weapons platform as his prototypes was launched into space and is fully functional. That's all the changes for now.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:48 am

Does it cause nuclear winter?
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:28 am

No, but it is impossible to intercept completely. Only method is to shoot it down before it fires, which means full-out war on all sides anyways. Not to mention that the right impact could wipe out a huge city... something that nuke does, but it is relatively quick and "silent."
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Honor: Casual RPer
Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:22 am

Hey everyone. New to Tiberium obviously but my country had and used a few of these devices before moving to the region (verifiable from Lenyo). Most of these devices pertain to nuclear power and weaponry. If you all would rather, I can RP getting them here. But given my RP reliance on Nuclear energy for most of my Nation's energy I would like to keep them. It's up to you all obviously.

The notable devices Fideliara operated were: Nuclear-powered Naval vehicles (including VTOL aircraft carriers, ICBM-capable Nuclear Subs, Stealth Subs, Ticonderoga-class crusiers, and prototypes of Zumwalt-class destroyers), Short Range Ballistic Missiles (SRBM with nuclear payloads), and advanced thermobaric weaponry. All things that already exist on this list (except for thermobaric), and nothing game-changing.

Let me know if it's ok to keep these or if I should get ready to RP their acquisition.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:30 am

You can start with them all of them, assuming you RP as fully industrialized and with a MIC. Obviously you can choose to start as a second-world nation, but I don't know why you would.
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Yeah, I think a nation of 3 billion should probably start with some technologies. Nuclear and Navy is the only thing my defense budget goes to (with the congressional energy committee splitting the bill for research). There is no air force and almost no cavalry or artillery to speak of. Fideliara is probably a little too obsessive about it's Navy.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:21 pm

You RP weaknesses. That's the sign of a good RPer.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Err....

Lenyo, last I checked, I was SoC until we disentegrated.

Fid, I will say yes to ONLY the nuclear power and its respective weapons. Nuclear powered ships... only battleship and destroyers. No ICBM-capable subs, no stealth subs, no thermobatric weapons, no aircraft carriers. I will even go further and say no to ICBMs as well.

If Lenyo has high approval of you, you should be a good RPer, Fid. That I have no doubts about. However, it is a matter of Tiberiam's policy. So far, my reign as SoC before has been met with ridiculous RPers throwing weapons at each other. While that sounds fun and good in other regions, Tiberiam's previous owners (Ras, Grace, NX, and Isis) have frowned on this. I intend to keep their policy in mind. Until you RP these developments and have been met with reasonable approval, I will not approve them.

FYI for you, btw, all the weapons that you wanted to be approved right away were all developed by other RPers before they were used in the RP. I know that I needed to RP three pages worth of posts with over a month of waiting before I could legitimize Stealth Submarines... of course, the ridiculous nature of these ships probably isn't what you are talking about... but the RP and waiting was there. KI needed to post quite a bit and got schooled by me on several occassions before he went nuclear. Rasvidi in the past had to post significant numbers before the community would respect his biological weapons and special casing for incindiary rounds. Isis took his good while to develop the kinetic weapons systems in the space, and KI was STILL working on getting his before the Tiberiam went poof.

And another reminder... go ahead and check out Desk of Patents Innovations to see if these innovations are already "copyright-ed." You might be in a situation where you have to ask (in RP as well as in TG) to get these weapons invented.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:27 am

Sorry, Osc. I thought I was just repeating what you had said.
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 am

Well then I guess I will take what I can get Osc. Obviously I bow to your judgement. I don't have a problem roleplaying a developing military effort, was just checking what I could bring with me from my last RP region.

I would like to say a couple things though, just for the record (and feel free to totally ignore the following complaints. It's mostly whining):

First, There is no significant difference between being able to build a nuclear reactor for cruisers and building one for submarines. Furthermore, a "stealth" submarine is little more than a nuclear submarine with advanced air recycling and rubber on the outside.

Second, thermobaric weapons have existed and been used by modern militaries for the past 40 years IRL. All they are is flammable dust/liquid, and an ignition source. There are thermobaric RPG rounds for goodness sake (youtube search: RPG-7 thermobaric warhead) This is not high science.

Third, while the objection to nuclear-capable missiles is the most reasonable of the rejections, SRBM were used by Germany in WWII nearly 60 years ago. They are just big rockets with a range of 1000km or less and not very accurate.

Fourthly, Sorry Lenyo. It appears those next-gen carriers I built for you in ConventionStates have been retconned. A full refund is on the way.

Finally: well at least I got to keep my nuclear weapons. Only without naval launch vehicles, or even short range ballistic missiles I am forced to deliver them either with my nonexistant air force, or by physically carrying them to their detonation sites with my cavalry-less army. Perhaps Fideliara should invest in advanced slingshot technology. hmmm..... (actually if i get approved for Rail gun tech I could use that as a launch mechanism).

Again, I don't have a real problem with your verdict (I am glad I at least get to stay nuclear). Just pointing out what appear to be, from my perspective, logical inconsistencies. Also, I have looked at the desk and both Lenyo and I have posted there.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 am

Hmmm...

I didn't do much reserch on thermobaric weapons, so I suppose if it has been around for awhile and it isn't a "modern" technology, I'll recede my original claim. Have that if you so wish. But don't go overboard... alright?

I didnt' say anything about SRBMs, right? I am alright with LRBM and SRBMs. I just have problems with ICBM. I don't think I have mentioned that... problem with errors on computers is that you re-type your point and forget to type in some. You have LRBM and SRBMs. Those were never locked. Just... ICBMs.

Stealth Submarines are something else, actually. Tiberiam's (basically my) definition of stealth subs are nuclear-powered and has stealth treatment so that it cannot be detected whether surfaced or submerged. The capability to stealth-treat submarines which needs to withstand extreme pressures is an impressive technology, and it makes neigh-impossible-to-detect vessel which can strike anywhere. There is also something with the nature of stealth subs making it IDEAL ICBM launch vessels. So to avoid confusion of having stealth subs without missile-subs, I simply decided to ban both until you develop it. So... you can say that stealth subs are higher-tech ICBM-launcher subs.

I WOULD approve aircraft carriers, but I already made a firm statement before to some newcomer (Imperial Overlord, I think) about not abusing aircraft carriers. He overdid it with 50 aircraft carriers crossing international waters at once or something like that. Since then, I had zero-tolerance with aircraft carriers. Not to mention... even in modern world, carriers are ridiculously powerful... almost superweapn-class. Feel free to have smaller variant, but aircraft carriers should be RPed.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 am

You won't have any trouble with the with Fidel. (That being a preposterously over-budget military.) Then you get huge projects without any spare parts or munitions.

Actually, it'd be fun to RP a woefully mismanaged military power. "Sure, we manufacture 100 Gerald R. Ford aircraft carriers every year. They just can't turn. Or slow down. And sometimes the ballistic missiles detonate before launching. Also our drinking water supply is salinated. And to cut costs we replaced steel with wood and resin, so it's a HUGE fire hazard."
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Ah ok, the ICBM thing was a typo on my part. My apologies. I didn't mean to say I had ICBM technology. In fact Fideliara has nothing but SRBMs and plans on keeping it that way. The Submarines I was referring to would have been SRBM subs. Again, my apologies for the confusion.

I promise I won't go overboard with thermobaric weapons. Though I'm not sure how I could. It's not expensive or complicated, really its a technology everyone here should already possess to an extent. There just aren't a whole lot of uses for it (where it excels above other methods). But for a country that doesn't want to spend large sums on high explosive ordinance it is a cheap alternative. Which is why i asked for it.

I will say though, that when a country dedicates a lot of time to thermobaric weapons (like Russia) you get stuff like the FOAB which is a thermobaric weapon more destructive than low yield nuclear ones (and at a fraction of the price). If having that as a potential sounds like too much then feel free to lock them.

No aircraft carriers is fine with me. It was always a strain on my RP to even explain where the fighters and pilots came from. I'll figure out something in the RP. Maybe either advanced point defenses, or these new anti-ship missiles Lenyo brought up.

The stealth sub thing is really more complicated than our RP would allow for. "Stealth" subs existed in WWII. The technology is constantly improving and every few years "stealth-capable" requires brand new tech. That being said I see your point about this.

Assuming Fideliara has the ability to produce naval nuclear reactors it would make sense that they could build long-range subs (subs that can stay underwater long periods of time). Including subs that can carry short range ballistic missiles for ship-to-ship and coastal bombardment purposes (not that I would ever do that last one). However, with the sheer budgets of the nations nearby you are correct in stating there is no way Fidelian subs are undetectable to the other RP nations.

If that's the case stealth is probably not a technology I'm going to pursue here as it's not worth paying for the detection/anti-detection arms race. We could just assume that Fidelian subs are easily detectable to all but the most under-equipped of nations. Or I could just roleplay building them with my significantly funded naval shipbuilding yards. I'm sure it won't take that long. Your call there.

At the risk of getting them taken away from me I should draw your attention as SOC to the fact that Zumwalt class destroyers are considered "fully-stealth" ships by modern classification standards. Just so you are aware of what you are approving. We could similarly strip them of their non-detectable at long range status if you would like.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:02 pm

The stealth submarines are beyond the one that you are thinking. The one with engine treatment so that it is "silent" isn't what is being talked about. Tiberiam's variant of stealth subs are ones with stealth treatment so that even when it is surfaced, it cannot be detected by radar. Not to mention that sonar wont' work as well when submerged. The only way to detect stealth subs is to send a fleet or two to an area and search using multiple sonars while covering for blind spots to spot waves bounched off and not reaching the sonar that shot it.

Submarines, mind you, are plenty stealthy. Only difference is that you have to try REALLY hard to find stealth subs while it is relatively easier to find regular subs using latest sonar. You can have "silent" subs all you want. It is different from "stealth" subs, though.
Back to top Go down
Aitarus
Minnow
Aitarus

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
The stealth submarines are beyond the one that you are thinking. The one with engine treatment so that it is "silent" isn't what is being talked about. Tiberiam's variant of stealth subs are ones with stealth treatment so that even when it is surfaced, it cannot be detected by radar.

For the record, that is not what I approved when you requested it. I was thinking about the RL variant.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:42 am

Really? Huh... I could swear that we had this in agreement ^^;

btw, the stealth subs are merely subs with stealth treatment. There are stealth ships and even stealth tanks in the development. I haven't checked the reference, but it is plenty possible and plausible for stealth treatments to be done on submarines.

And... why the heck would I use silent subs as superweapons of my country? Well.. besides the ridiculous size of this, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 am

Updated Railgun as OMC... and removed the people who doesn't exist anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:47 pm

I think we should add some people to the Super-sonic Aircraft list. They've been around since the 1950s, so I don't think any RP is needed to justify having them besides "I have a military."
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:41 am

See : [Supercruise]

But... well... yeah, I suppose so. But right now there are no nation with the ability to built this shit. Maybe I should work towards it with my new budget plans... either way, I will consider this. As soon as we have a nation that can build this shit... I will see if I can fit anyone in the plan.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 am

The wiki page has a bunch of existing fighter jets with supercruise. I put them in my military stats a while ago, assuming they were kosher, and I expect others have too.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:54 pm

So... basically you are requesting that supercruise ability to be REMOVED from OMC, have the ability REDUCED in OMC-val (since it is so commonplace), or are you saying that EVERYONE should have supercruise OMC as their main country's ability?

Btw, should Gali ever drop by here (if he ever makes an account to RP...) what kind of weapons he should have? I did mention that OMCs should be RPed, but he... if he is what he says he is... he should be a decent RPer in military aspects as well.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 am

I'd say supercruise should be OMC1. If you have a modernized air force, it's well within your capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Omega Military Construct   Desk of Omega Military Construct - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Desk of Omega Military Construct
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next