Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tiberiam

The official forum for the region of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desk of Patents and Innovations

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

Desk of Patents and Innovations Empty
PostSubject: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:28 am

Desk of Patents and Innovations MacsDesk

Hello everyone! This is remake of the old Desk of Patents and Inventions thread in old Tiberiam Forum.

Now, you may be wondering what this thread is. Well, basically it is where your thoughts and ideas gets patented! Here we discuss different types of inventions and innovations of latest modern day technology that you want for your country. If the SoC finds your reasoning to your liking, you can get your inventions approved and patented!!!

Now, here are simple rules concerning this desk that you must read:

• All inventions and innovations that is patented or will be patented MUST be within "modern" technology. This term "modern" is under the discretion of SoC.
  • All inventions and innovations must have some kind of backing from a legitimate, online source. Hyperlink can be presented to make this invention more convincing.
  • Once patented to certain country, the said innovation or invention is EXCLUSIVE to that country. Meaning that prior to other countries inventing or developing such inventions, they must gain approval of the country who "invented" the said technology first.
  • The Secretary of Culture (SoC) reserves all rights to alter the rules and regulations concerning the Desk of Patents and Innovations.

There are additional rules concerning leave of absence.

• Should the country go in prolonged absence WITHOUT THE PRIOR NOTIFICATIONS will forfeit the exclusive nature of their patents.
  • Once the exclusive nature has been lifted, any nation can invent the said invention or innovation BY ROLEPLAYING IT IN THE OFFICIAL TIBERIAM ROLEPLAY
  • Should the country return, the exclusive nature will return, BUT THE COUNTRIES WHO HAVE COMPLETELY INVENTED THE SAID INVENTIONS OR INNOVATIONS WILL BE ALLOWED TO KEEP THE SAID INVENTIONS OR INNOVATIONS.

With that said, let's move onto the approval process, shall we?

[[How to get your inventions/innovations approved]]

The process is simple: Post in this thread the name of invention and at least ONE hyperlink to the invention. Basically, you request verdict from SoC to see if the invention is legitimately modern technology.

Keep in mind that some technology might already be widely-used enough that it doesn't require a patenting. For these inventions, SoC might say that there is no need to patent such inventions and tell you to go ahead and use it.

Should the invention or innovation mentioned is modern, but not widely used, then SoC will go through your evidence to see if it indeed IS modern technology, and not some future technology. The current SoC, Oscalantine, defines all "modern" technology as technologies that have at least ONE functional prototype in the world.

Once approved, your country will have EXCLUSIVE rights to that invention or innovation. Other countries will have to Roleplay their purchase of the blueprints or inventions before using them.

[[Alternative methods]]

Alternatively, you can also get an approval of the Tiberiam community. You can request an admin to put up a poll on whether your invention is modern or not. Should the "yes" outnumber the "no" or "I don't care," then the invention will be approved for your use and will have exclusive patent as normally approved inventions. This can be used whenever, but especially when SoC does not approve your invention on his/her definition of "modern" technology.

Last edited by Oscalantine on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:30 am

Approved Inventions

• Thermal Laser: Approved by Isis Rakael. Exclusive in Oscalantine
    • Thermal Laser is used for both offensive [downing aircraft] and defensive [anti-ballistic] roles.

• Completely Automated Machines: Approved by Isis Rakael.
    • Includes Unmanned Vehicles and Completely Automated Factories
    • Oscalantine declared not exclusive, but top leading innovator in the technology.

• Magnesium-Air Fuel Cells: Approved by Isis Rakael. Exclusive in Oscalantine
    • Used for advanced batteries
    • Alternative Energy Source

• Vivanza: Approved by Oscalantine. Exclusive in EEE
    • Key substance Dextroamphetamine
    • Treatment for Alzheimer's during the early and mid stages.

• Dehydrated Water: Approved by Oscalantine. Exclusive in EEE?
    • A JOKE!!!
    • Oscal: decided to not even vote... I have visual evidence of its existence in markets.

• Commercial Supersonic Jet: Approved by Oscalantine
    • Basically your average supersonic aircraft used for commercial reasons
    • The technology is already wide-spread in the modern world (Concord Airplane being the first well-known commercial supersonic aircraft)
    • Gracealona is also among the countries that could afford those technologies, so I approved without debate... it doesn't seem like it needs one.

• Submerged Aircraft Carrier: Approved by Isis Rakael and the masses. Exclusive in Oscalantine
    • Referance
    • Uses UAVS instead of standard fighters.
    • Shot up from an UAVS-exclusive chute(s).
    • Used for quick bolstering of forces in front line or for surprised attack.
    • Can hold tens UAVS, depending on the size of the submarine
    • Cannot use standard fighters as no human can withstand the pressure.
    • Can launch UAVS while submerged. UAVS, however, cannot be retrieved while submerged. Must surface to reload the aircraft.

• Waste to Fuel: Approved by Oscalantine. Exclusive in HESS
    • Referance
    • Technology that Injects biofuel into toxic byproducts of oil refining process and create a diesel for consumption.

• Pigoil: Approved by Oscalantine. Exclusive in HESS
    • Referance
    • Basically Feces of Chicken or Pig converted into usable crude oil

• Water-Fueled Engine: Approved by Oscalantine. Requested by KingIsaac
    • An Engine with ability to process water into hydrogen and oxygen.
    • The processed two compounds creates combustion within the said engine, creating the power to move the automobiles forward.
    • The process requires powerful electric sources, which could only be provided by high-efficiency fuel cells.
    • Once Exclusive in KingIsaac, but limitation lifted due to absence.

• Palopommi Bullet: Approved by Oscalantine. Requested by Rasvidi
    • Referance
    • Incendiary ammunition for the use of semi-auto rifles
    • Uses Phosphorous base, burns through most infantry armor as well as Lightly-armored vehicles.
    • Once Exclusive in Rasvidi, but limitation lifted due to absence.

• Civan Cruiser: Approved by Oscalantine. Exclusive in Civa Orchestra
    • Referance
    • Fast moving Frigate-class naval warship.
    • Max Speed: 52mph
    • Uses Water Jets as main propellant instead of rudders and propellers.
    • Has anti-submarine, mine removal, and traditional surface warfare role.

• Kinetic Bombardment System: Approved by Oscalantine. Requested by Isis Rakael
    • Satellite with an exclusive role in dropping tungsten rods from the orbit into surface
    • Uses boosters to stabilize itself; not long lifespan unless constant repair is done.
    • Has rough firepower equivalent to that of Nuclear bombs... minus the radiation.
    • Once Exclusive in Isis Rakael, but limitation lifted due to absence.

• Scramjet: Approved by Oscalantine. Requested by Isis Rakael
    • Next generation jet engine with powerful to reach well into march 3.3 and beyond
    • Theoretically allows orbital travel, with projected speed well into mach 24
    • used on both fighters and missiles.
    • Difficult to intercept and difficult to detect.
    • Once Exclusive in Isis Rakael, but limitation lifted due to absence.

• Rail-gun Technology: Approved by Oscalantine. Exclusive in Fideliara
    • Referance
    • Weapons system that uses electric charges to slug projectiles, unlike traditional chemical combustion.
    • Maximum RP-limit cooldown is 10 rounds per minutes, bring it to one every 6 seconds.
    • 7~32 MJ charges exist.

Last edited by Oscalantine on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Honor: Casual RPer
Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:17 am

As a new member in Tiberium I would like to formally request patents for the following inventions. Unfortunately I cannot post hyperlinks yet, but I can supply them in PM or edit them into this post after my waiting period is over. (Decent information can be found on wikipedia for them).

Rail-gun technology. Specifically, capitol sized Rail guns inside of Zumwalt-class destroyers and rotating barrel (Gatling) railguns for both land and sea air-defense.

Many functioning prototypes exist today. Rail guns are believed to one day be able to altogether replace conventional weapon delivery systems. The main obstacles are overheating of the rails, wear/tear on the rails, and the energy concerns. For use on Ground emplacements and Naval ships the energy concern is moot as a large Nuclear-powered naval Railgun using about 10 Mega Joules of energy with a muzzle veolocity of 5,800 m/s and a range of over 200 nautical miles can be powered/cooled fast enough to fire a round every 6 seconds.

The issue then becomes solely about the materials used in the rail. Fideliara, through means herein patented, has invented a chemical composition and treatment of the Rails that allows these problems to be overlooked. Resulting in usable (with regular maintenance) large-scale rapid-firing rail guns. (It should be noted that use in small ground vehicles and small arms is still, so far, out of reach because of the energy issues).

Thermobaric Weaponry
Also known as Fuel-air explosives, thermobaric weapons use a mechanism to distribute a vapor cloud of flamable dusts which is then ignited. The explosion is then driven by the surrounding oxygen in the system (the same oxygen the victims were using to breath). The result is an extremely powerful, extremely efficient overpressure wave capable of reaching 450 psi at a speed of 2miles per second, followed by an intense fireball capable of surpassing 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Those not killed by either often either have their lungs catch fire, rip apart, or suffocate from the oxygen vacuum created by the blast.

These weapons have also existed for years and have been used by modern militaries. Simplistic small-scale thermobaric weapons exist even for the RPG platform. Advanced laser-guided thermobaric bombs also exist. One was even used by the U.S. military in 2002 to clear a cave-bunker in Afganistan.

Fideliara has, through means patented hereby, produced a highly efficient mechanism for fuel cloud dispersal involving fragmenting delivery chambers in our bombs and missiles. Making thermobaric weapons even more practical. Thermobaric weaponry has been designed and approved for use in the Fidelian artillery, infantry, and navy.

Advanced Heavy Water Reactor (AHWR)
These reactors are the next generation of Pressurized Heavy Water reactors. Essentially Fission power plants that use Thorium-232 as opposed to Uranium. Thorium is a naturally occurring crystal several times more common on Earth than Uranium (three to four times more abundant and 200 times more energy dense). It is capable of being used in Breeder Reactors which use all the Fissile components, leaving little radioactive waste. This combined with Thorium's nuclear characteristics produce reactor waste 10-10,000 times less long-lived than Uranium reactors. Most notably Thorium-232 nuclear reactions cannot sustain a Nuclear Chain Reaction without priming. As such, nuclear fission stops when the power stops, nearly eliminating the possibility of catastrophic meltdown.

The downside is that AHWRs only produce about 300MW, which is around 1/4 what standard Uranium reactors produce. However it is much safer, more abundant, and (with breeder reactors) more more efficient than conventional nuclear reactors. The National Thorium Alliance as been quoted as saying "there is enough thorium in the United States alone to power the country at its current energy level for over 10,000 years."

Several nations are working on the technology. Light Water Reactors using Thorium have existed for decades (germany having built the first one). and Pressurized Water Reactors have been used by India over the last decade. the Thorium-232 AHWR however is a new design currently under construction in India which began in 2011 and may be completed as soon as 2013. If construction is successful India plans to use AHWR reactors to account for 30% of their energy usage by 2050.

Strategic Bulwark Automated National Defense System (SBANDS)

This here is my baby. Of all of these it's the one I care the most about. The concept was brought to my attention by Michael Carver in his essay "Conventional Warfare in the Nuclear Age." In it he describes the several generations of nuclear strategy that have developed since their introduction during the 1940's. He discuses a defensive concept thought up early on, when nuclear weapons were a fraction of the power they are today and had previously only existed by the handful. The idea was to create hardpoints of fortification capable of launching very short-range nuclear missiles. Such bunkers could be build miles away from each other in staggered formations forcing an invading army to avoid massing its forces and/or assets for fear of low-yield nuclear strike.

The idea was no original. It is a throwback to a concept used by Marquis de Vauban (a French engineer, fortress designer, civil engineer, siege expert, and all-around badass (go read about him. He was so awesome that 100 years after he died, when just his heart was found (his remains had been scattered) Napolean ordered it to be buried in the church of Les Invalides).

Anyways, he originated an idea contrary to popular practice at the time. Essentially instead of super expensive, super big castles as remote hard points against enemy attack. He promoted smaller defensive fortifications built several rows deep capable of housing troops. If, during invasion, any one fortress fell the troops could relocate to another. If your enemy chose to ignore one or all of the fortresses, the stationed troops could conduct hit-and-run attacks on their flank afterwards retreating to a fortress. Similar to the Nuclear hardpoint idea, this meant that an invading army was forced with taking/destroying every single fortress on their way through your territory or risk being flanked/ losing their supply line. Such a policy was expensive, tiring, costly, and generally an incentive to not invade at all.

That is the purpose of the SBANDS. A collection of short-range capable silos scattered around Fideliara with overlapping radii of fire. Each can house moderate numbers of troops for short term housing, is equipped with a handful of thermobaric/nuclear warheads, and features a nuclear detention self-destruct sequence. The missile firing and self-destruct sequence can be controlled from a secure undisclosed location via hardline data transmission to encrypted radio towers.

All of the technology involved already exists and has for decades. As Dr. Strangelove put it, "The technology required is easily within the means of even the smallest nuclear power. It requires only the will to do so."

I hope this is all in order, I had no other posts to go by. Let me know if this is poorly done, located in the wrong place, or in poor taste.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honor: Honorary RPer
Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:00 am

Hmm... I'd like the B61-11. Wiki page below. It's pretty much a bunker-buster nuke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B61-11

While I'm at it, would anyone mind if I claimed the Dong Feng 21? Cuz' it's really cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 am

The Dong Feng 21 looks horrifying. It's nearly theater-braking. Though I could have sworn the AEGIS defense system was designed to counter ballistic missiles. (just checked. It was, but apparently it is cheap enough to build them that dozens of decoys can be launched simultaneously, making it impossible to defend).

Not sure how credible the current information is though. Seems a lot is still speculation given the tight-lipped Chinese military. The use of such a weapon requires specialized guidance satellites to be launched...

Fideliara is totally not ok with this. Though mostly just because I'm terrified.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:42 am

Fideliara wrote:
Fideliara is totally not ok with this. Though mostly just because I'm terrified.
That's how I feel about the thermal laser. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Where does the energy to run something like that come from?? The sheer cost of maintaining weapons-grade lasing arrays.....
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Mostly the energy comes from fuel cells which Oscal has in large quantitites. Mostly, they are mounted in the ships or buildings which can maintain the energy grades. And do keep in mind that Oscalantine is one of the most powerful economic powers. Capital usually never an issue .
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:53 am

Hmmm....

I'll go in order to tell you what you need to give me for me to think about accepting these innovations. But before I do so, it is actually easier (FAR easier for me and for you) if you give me hyperlink of the reference over the web. Once that is done and over with, I can approve it that much faster. Ones that are not quite on the use yet (I think I had the hardest time with submerged aircraft carriers) I would have the start a debate to approve it.

Anyways, here goes. From the first invention you mentioned to the last.

Rail Gun

I know about the railguns. I actually looked it up for one of the possible weapon for Oscal to use until I realized it isn't quite plausible for modern technology. While I haven't been keeping up with the news, I do know that there are some prototypes existing today. However, with little knowledge of this technology that I have (and the last time I checked, which I suppose was about a year or two ago), I could swear that "the several prototypes existing today" are highly lab-experiment wise and nowhere near the military-grade standard it is that you wish.

Another problem arise with your saying "through means herein patented, has invented a chemical composition and treatment of the Rails that allows these problems to be overlooked." That... sound.... A LOT... like "unobtainum" or "invinciloid" or any variations of imaginary material in use. You see, the desk of patents and innovations is made for the purpose of approving "VERY modern" weapons and technology. As in there are certain technologies here (such as scramjet or kinetic bombardment tech... not to mention thermal laser) that have been invented, have known prototypes, are ready for deployment, and works AS IS. It may be something with the wording, but what you said about those chemicals sounds very... fantasy-like. Perhaps if you can give me some kind of article which claims that the team working on it has found a checmical composition which allows for such things to work, while it has not yet been implemented, then I may consider this to be modern technology... but for now, just know that Tiberiam has zero-tolerance to "unobtanium."

Lastly, the thing with rapid-fire railgun bothers me. Most of the known prototypes of railguns (do excuse me if I am wrong, for I haven't been keeping a keen eye on the technology) have been known to be single-shot with plenty of cooldowns. I would like a reference which claims that there are prototypes of railguns that can fire rapidly. This is mainly balance, issue, actually.

I suppose I get doubts about rail guns mainly because of my bias of the gun. If you know Halo (the game), their version of "rail guns" are also single-shots with time to reload. And since Halo has been set in the future, I am certain that the present-day rail guns probably cannot rapid-fire. IF I do approve the gun, I am sorry to say that it probably would be single-shot weapon with plenty of time to reload and cool the weapon. I would go further to say that probably the ship would have to be pretty big (battleship-size) to be able to sustain such a massive recoil. Regardless, if you give me a proof, then I'll approve it. Just that I never thought I would see a day when someone comes to approve a railgun...

Thermobaric Weaponry

I do recal that Thermobaric Weaponry was alright to be used, since it has been modern weapon for awhile. While I do recognize that you wanted to emphasize on your usage of this weapon, there is no need for me to approve it before you use it. If you want a special treatment of your Thermobaric Weaponry, then post it on your database, and it will be treated as valid.

AHWR

Interesting... if this is true, then I would certain want to invest in good relations with you in RP so that I can get some of these reactors on my country. But just for keepsake and to discrouage haters... could you give me a website-reference? One would prove sufficient.

SBANDS

Another interesting idea. While I do doubt that it will work against Isis... since... well... Isis can send another million when one dies out... I can see that it will work to discourage invaders to come into your homeland easily. But... one thing. It doesn't need to be approved. I am here to approve technologies... not to approve strategy. You are free to use this strategy to defend your homeland as much as you wish. Just... put a database of it.

However... such a massive fortification project should be RPed, in my opinion. I am alright with you starting with this, but I think it would make a marvelous RP thread if you start the construction project within your lands and see how international community reacts. Completely up to you, though. No pressure ^^.
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Rail Gun
Right, well apologies for the wording of the proposal. Developments have changed a little in the past few years. DARPA and BAE have both produced functional working prototypes and broken projectile speed records with them. The U.S. Navy has a functioning 32MJ prototype. The issue with the U.S. Navy is that they want a 64MJ functioning weapon and are using these prototypes to build from, which slows down time till production.

LINK 1

The use of Railguns was a 2 phase project. You can read about the phases here:
LINK 2

Anyways, according to that source (the Navy itself), they have satisfactory weapons designs now and are concerned only with achieving higher firing rate of 10 rounds per minute (which is a problem with modern capacitor designs and nothing else) and the eventual dream of 64MJ capitol-class cannon. Which no ship in the current Navy could even fire.

You are right about the cooldowns although there is no "reload" phase for Railguns. In fact, unlike gunpowder-based munitions no time even needs to be taken to eject a spent shell. They could theoretically fire faster than current weapons systems. The "pause" between shots is because of the energy that needs to be stored in capacitors and the danger of ripping the rails apart from firing too fast. This was why my rapid firing designs would have been several different barrels that alternated shots (this was still stupid and I'll drop that idea).

The 32MJ design which already exists could (if installed on ships today). Fire tungsten projectiles 220 nautical miles (10 times the distance of current shipboard cannons) at a speed of between Mach 5-6. With about the force of a Tomahawk cruise missile. And (because of their speed) unparalleled accuracy.

Smaller (already built) designs of around 8-9 MJ are capable of penetrating modern tanks and often passing through them on both sides. LINK 3

There are more sources I can link and we can have a long discussion with the whole region on this if you'd like. I know how skeptical I used to be about the tech too. The future is rapidly approaching... And it's scary as shit.

Thermobaric
Roger.

AHWR
Here is a news article about India's construction efforts: LINK 4
"n a rare interview, Ratan Kumar Sinha, the director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in Mumbai, told the Guardian that his team is finalising the site for construction of the new large-scale experimental reactor, while at the same time conducting "confirmatory tests" on the design.

"The basic physics and engineering of the thorium-fuelled Advanced Heavy Water Reactor (AHWR) are in place, and the design is ready," said Sinha."

Here I misread, last year they were getting permits and finding a suitable location. Construction was to take 6 years from the start date. Because of this I still want to patent the technology, but I'll RP my first reactor build (if that sounds good to you).

Here is wikipedia page on the AHWR: LINK 5
"Thorium is an element that is 3 times more abundant globally than uranium. As all mined thorium is potentially usable to breed reactor fuel (in contrast with approximately 0.7% of natural uranium being usable as reactor fuel, some 40 times the amount of energy per unit mass might theoretically be available from thorium."

SBANDS
I like both the idea of starting with it and dealing with the RP fallout from such a design. I was thinking I'll meet you halfway. When RP starts I'm planning on having the major news company in Fideliara come out with the story on the fact that these bunkers (once thought to only be thermobaric) are also nuclear capable. Sound good?

Summary
Thanks for the response. Sorry about my random posts here and in the Omega thread. Still trying to understand the rules for this kind of stuff and really wanted to get my military tech in order before RP so it doesn't sound like I'm just pulling stuff out of my ass.

Because I am still within my first week of this account I still can't post links.... So I've numbered them and am posting the actual links our Regional message board. Hope that's ok.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:33 am

I would like to remind everyone that for a patent to be approved, the one who asked for a patent must have enough money to build and maintain the patent/s.

Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:59 am

True that, KI, which is probably my problem... however, there is no actual need for Fid to be able to BUILD the weapons. They can simply have the patent without having ones in the functional military.

I suppose you forgot to mention, though, that most of the "super-modern" technologies needs several years (RP time) of development. Or at least several months RL time. Anyways, I'll be looking into the links.

... erm... Fid? I cannot get the links. Please make proper arrangements for me to get to the hyperlinks ^^;
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:31 am

"India's US$717 million fast breeder reactor project is expected to be operational by 2012-13"

I'm pretty sure I can afford that...

"According to the Office of Naval Research. The United State's pursuit of railgun technologies has cost $240 million in research and design costs."

Pretty sure I can afford that too...
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:24 am

Developing... yes. Designing... yes. Having it on EVERY battleship/frigate that you will have? No. That's what KI is saying.

Same goes for reactors. Developing? Yes. Designing? Yes. Having a network of reactors which provide over 50% of your energy needs? No.

Basically, you are talking about a singular unit. Sure, that's good and well... but keep in mind those are not the cost to fully make the innovation go widely spread around your country... which I undoubtfully think you would want.

I would say, though, that since you did "discover" (I SO discovered railgun in Tiberiam first... two or so years ago...) railgun and reactors, so those are yours. However, in RP-wise... for realism's sake... you would have to make RP partnership with some world powers like Oscal, KI, Isis, or Lenyo to make the project to be used fully in your country. Otherwise, I would have hard time believing that your battleships will be armed with latest railguns. We can hammer that out as we go into approving your patent...

AS SOON AS YOUR MAKE YOUR LINKS WORK.

It doesn't have to be (url) if it doesn't work. Just a list of websites addresses and what it is would do as well.
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:55 am

The links have been Private messaged to you. And posted on the Regional Message board. The bold font isn't necessary. If the PM still didn't work something is wrong on your end.

And no, that isn't what Isaac was saying (at least not explicitly). I am fairly certain one does not patent mastered technologies. You patent ideas to which you have working prototypes and proof-of-concepts. I made it to the patent office first with these, I have the money to build them. Neither have particularly complicated components.

I already said I'd RP my first Thorium reactor builds. If you all find it so incredibly hard to believe that a country with 100 billion per annum in weapons procurement that has been focusing on this tech full steam is capable of installing it on my own ships then I will RP construction aid from someone to help me build big metal rails as well. (jokes aside I will probably purchase foreign capacitor designs)

yeah again, the problem is that I CANNOT post links on threads here. It will not let me post anything that appears to be a URL. It tells me I cannot post hyperlinks within 7 days of account creation. I'm not being difficult. I don't have a choice. I private messaged them to you here, posted them on the RMB, and I'll go telegram you as well. Let me know if none of these work.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 am

Fid, do you want me to help you in those patents? I can help, you know Smile
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:32 am

Fid, you have problems with immediately becoming hostile the moment someone is remotely irratated. That is something you should fix before you become an active member in Tiberiam. We debate a lot, and most of the times after a fight we become friendly again. However, if you continue to become hostile the moment someone wants to let you know something (with a bit of vexed tone), then you might not get along well with others here... just to let you know.

Anyways, I'll let you know as soon as I find those articles valid and your opinions as well. That may take a while... since I am busy during weekdays.

Btw, you DID divide everything by 10, right? I have yet to check, so I was wondering if 100billion was right number... oh and... in case you were doing so... no, I will not let you move budgets around to suit your needs. I had heck of a time telling off KI, and I hope that doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:20 pm

I think this is worth reposting for everyone, including me. Obviously you can adjust this to your needs, but if it veers too far from this ratio, your military may not be well-maintained or balanced. I recommend a large other section for the huge list of miscellaneous tasks the military does beyond maintaining rifles, planes, and ships.

Recommended Budget
  • Army: 31.8%
  • Naval: 23.4%
  • Air Force: 22%
  • Other: 26.5%
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:58 pm

I apologize for the appearance of my tone Oscal. I didn't and don't usually ever intend to be hostile for any reason. There are things that annoy me, like subtle implications that I can't afford things well within my budget, and people using all caps bold font to chastise me for things that aren't my fault. But I am really not as upset as I think it seems I am.

I do, from time to time, switch in to a "debate mode." And when that happens my tone and diction is abrasive, patronizing, sarcastic, etc. But I really don't mean to be a jerk. Again, sorry. Some of my annoyance was at the fact that I can't post links. Some was because I was extremely tired and had been plugging numbers all night.

Speaking of which. My budget is in order, I spent two hours talking with IR about it. My new military spending details are in my national database. For those of you too lazy to look my defense budget is: $311,401,168,259. Or 311 Billion for simplicity. My Army of 3,000,000 troops all of which are serving mandatory time have $50,000 a year spent on them (as a point of reference China spends $46,000 a year on their army troops). Therefore my Army receives an operating budget just enough to cover training, food, and basic equipment procurement with no budget for research. This totals 150 Billion spent on Army. As I have often said, Fideliara has no air force, what few helicopters we have belong to the navy. My Navy also receives $150 Billion of my defense budget. Yet it only has 1,000,000 souls in it. Still spending 50,000 a year on them that takes $50 Billion out of my budget to feed and train them. The upkeep, procurement, and research of naval ships and weapons systems is the remainder of the Naval budget totaling $100 Billion per annum.

The Last $11 Billion from my defense budget goes towards the upkeep of SBANDS, nuclear weapons upkeep, with the remainder going into nuclear weapons research. It is a small amount because a healthy portion of my "environmental spending" goes into nuclear energy research.

I invite you all to go over these numbers and my equipment itself (which is also in order and I will go through it in great detail with anyone who wishes to challenge it). Before you say anything, the Railgun destroyers exist because that's how many I have plans to build and I wanted to get it down and out of the way. If railgun tech is denied I will transfer them to Advanced Gun System destroyers (which is what the Zumwalt frame was originally build for.

Any other questions can also be brought to me. Though I must say I am definitely not the only one in this region with questionable numbers for military devices.

Oscal, I understand if it takes some time. I know how busy you must be with everyone bothering you constantly. Sorry no small part of that has been my fault.

Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:22 am

Time for an unusual patent request. I wish to patent a massive welfare program dedicated to ending child-smacking. Why? Because not spanking raising a population's IQ by 5. Using smacking punitively actually induces post-traumatic stress disorder, which cripples mental development.

You're probably intrigued by this information and less likely to beat your (eventual) kids. That's good. However, you're probably also laughing at the idea that I can patent a social policy. I think I can because I'm adopting the Swedish system.

1. Being the first country to ban child-smacking,
  2. Thoroughly enforcing the law, and
  3. Going door-to-door with my massive welfare state.

One might counter by saying "Well so can I. Done. We just banned it too." 1: Kudos. 2: It doesn't take effect overnight. Not by a long shot. And unless you have a huge welfare state checking up on every deadbeat parent, the law could very well accomplish absolutely nothing.

I'm RPing having this project as one of welfare's top priorities for thirty years. Feel free to join in; I open this patent to the public after 30 years. You'll just see the same effect in 30 RP years. Unless, you don't have a welfare state, in which case, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 am

That study is a joke (not that I care if you patent it). The statistics fail to account for no less than three major reasons (and that was at a cursory glance).
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 am

He only needs three major reasons. They compound.

Economic development raises IQ, because malnutrition lowers IQ by a shocking 15 points, and literacy raises IQ. That's why the Stanford-Binet tests have needed to be ratcheted up so many times in their history. Mass education has made the world a noticeably more intelligent place. (Also, richer nations tend to frown on spanking. That helps.)

Then there's childhood PTSD, which is induced by corporal punishment. If you think I'm full of shit, read the link.
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 am

I did read the link. Which is why I said what I said. The sample size is too small, the study (or at least this article about it) never even addresses the confounding variable that social status plays (ie: the fact that less educated parents hit their children more often and, in fact, have more children), and whether or not relationship is reversed (as in: does naturally low IQ ensure a child will get hit more often because of a lack of following instructions). The data even shows a marked increase in IQ between children hit twice in their life and children hit three times in their life, which makes no sense at all given the analysis of the results.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Don't go Off Topic!!!

--CoSP (de facto)--
Back to top Go down
Fideliara
Duckspeaker
Fideliara

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 pm

I didn't think discussing patent applications was off topic here seeing as how that's what everyone else had been doing on this thread. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Innovations   Desk of Patents and Innovations Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next