Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tiberiam

The official forum for the region of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desk of Credit Control

Go down 
+2
Lenyo
Oscalantine
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:02 am

I may not use Jeny's wealth for now, but I figured I can.

I will raise the inheritance taxes to 80% for 6 months as a call for the nation's support for the military and space programs. Then, within that 2 months, Jeny will die and 80% of her wealth(960B) will be given to the government. The other 20% will be used by her son for investments(of course he will be a businessman)

So, that is REALLY legal.

Besides, I was really thinking of replacing Jeny because Jeny is a female, and I figured most of Tiberiam leaders are males.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:35 am

Okay, KI, only on ONE condition may you obtain Jeny's wealth... if I lowered your ranking further two levels and lowered your rating by one. Otherwise, I won't be giving you that billions.

Firstly, that is unfair to give only to you. That would mean that I have to give everyone else the ability to give their wealthy owner's legacy to their country. And since you claimed that Jeny was the richest person in Tiberiam, that would mean that she extorted that much from the populous. That would warrant the credit drop.

I will NEVER allow Jeny's credits to be used in such way... since it was not validated (the fact that you CLAIMED 1.2 T out of nowhere in the old RP vexed me anyways) and there is no way that a single individual could ever DREAM of obtaining so much cash without doing something to the government.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honor: Honorary RPer
Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:44 am

Oscalantine wrote:
I will NEVER allow Jeny's credits to be used in such way... since it was not validated (the fact that you CLAIMED 1.2 T out of nowhere in the old RP vexed me anyways) and there is no way that a single individual could ever DREAM of obtaining so much cash without doing something to the government.
Honestly, Queen Jeny is the most successful embezzler ever. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 7:37 am

I will not reveal the red tapes under any circumstances:D

Well, ok. Jeny will just die with normal tax rate(30%). I AM really replacing her. I was really about to do that when you "pushed" the pause button on RP back in the old forum.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Just trying to understand what this means.

Quote :
HESS: A-1: BBB
A-1 means my government has a reasonable history of paying loans, and BBB means my economy is OK?
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:18 pm

Basically.

The first part (rank) is basically how well is your country spending... as how well they keep their budget in check. The level, though, is how well your economy is faring as a RESULT of the government.

In your previous history, your economy was suffering, but afterwards, you have been recovering... so... your economy is as such. However, your government has been working towards meeting your budgets met, which means that your government has been doing well budget-wise.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:31 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Basically.

The first part (rank) is basically how well is your country spending... as how well they keep their budget in check. The level, though, is how well your economy is faring as a RESULT of the government.

In your previous history, your economy was suffering, but afterwards, you have been recovering... so... your economy is as such. However, your government has been working towards meeting your budgets met, which means that your government has been doing well budget-wise.
Thanks for the explanation.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:51 am

So, will my credit rating go up?
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:33 am

All in due time, KI... it is EASY to get your economy in shambles, but ridiculously hard to bring it back up.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
All in due time, KI... it is EASY to get your economy in shambles, but ridiculously hard to bring it back up.
See: Zimbabwe.
Back to top Go down
Aitarus
Minnow
Aitarus

Honor: Casual RPer
Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Edes wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:
$25,000,000 for a loaf of bread, last I saw, but that was a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:05 am

Isis Rakael wrote:
Edes wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:
$25,000,000 for a loaf of bread, last I saw, but that was a few years ago.
Actually, once they started printing trillion currency bills, they just gave up and started using the currency of other countries. I imagine that would make pricing much more interesting.
Ok, your order totals to forty dollars, thirteen euros, two pound sterling, and a kopek.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Just a word of warning, Osc: your records say your military operates 100,000 military aircraft. If we are to assume that 100% of your $3.6T military budget is directed towards the air force, leaving the army and navy to raise funds via bake sales, that allows $36 million per aircraft. When we take into account the costs of operations, maintenance, military personnel, procurement, R&D, construction, and miscellaneous expenses, that's the overwhelming majority of your military budget. The USAF operates at $30M per aircraft. So if your air force is a quality military branch, that leaves $600B for your army and navy.

Wow. Even with your totally bloated air force, you can afford a double US Navy and a 120% US Army. Not bad. ^^

However, you'll need to slash your "8,000-vessel navy" to an impressive, but possible, 600-vessel navy. Corporate Army can remain 100% funded as special forces, but you'll need to reduce your armored units to one-third the current level.

So if you want your air force to become your strongest branch, follow my advice. But if you want to maintain the navy, the air force will be slashed. TANSTAFL.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:51 am

Oh dear... did I SERIOUSLY say 100k airforce? I will change it. I probably have 1000, let alone...

wait...

100k heli. Not jet. I don't have fighters jets, so I invested into helicopters. Half of those are basic cargo platforms. Another half are combat. I suppose few are different things.

However... you may have a point. I will quarter it. 25k of combat platforms. I dunno what happened with THAT crude exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 am

OK, I'm glad we could agree to that. Now the navy...

Eight thousand ships. Need I say more? Your navy would require a $4.7 trillion annual budget. Now while your military budget is absurd, it does has limits. Specifically, its limit is #3.7T. I recommend reducing its size by 75%. Two thousand ships would be more than enough to be outrageously impressive. Especially when three-quarters of that number are subs.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:33 am

Erm... E. You do realize that I stated ALL my ships in navy, right? It includes thermal boats (your variant of patrol boats) and multitude of others. And given the years of 3 tril + defense budget, having that much boats isn't all that out of norm... esp when the nation has been under arms race with three superpowers (after Isis being gone).

And... before I even TRY to downsize my military... please check Ras and KI before I do mine. I mean... if you thought 100k of heli were outrageous... I think 100k fighter division is even more. I'll keep my 8k until I can work my math, but all this is telling me is one thing: you are trying to thin out my military through technicality so you can have a better chance of wiping it out with equally-impressive army for some odd reason. I will deal with the numbers (seriously? This has not be an issue until you are attempting to attack me... I wonder why...) after the war thread is done.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
I will deal with the numbers (seriously? This has not be an issue until you are attempting to attack me... I wonder why...) after the war thread is done.
Why would I complain during a war thread, and not any other time. For the obvious reason. ^^

I looked at Ras's and KI's numbers. My head nearly exploded. After this war, as official bean counter, I will fix their numbers.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 pm

I copied Ras's, I just added some more because I saw my budget is bigger than his.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:26 am

I can't do a war thread if my enemies get infinite guns and I don't, so I'm going to go over the books of our militaries. Meticulously. Call it petty if you will, but I'm not going to accept hundreds of thousands of aircraft or nearly ten thousand top-notch ships.

Also, let's see if I can even this David vs. Goliath battle from 23:1 to 12:1.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Recommended Budget
  • Army: 31.8%
  • Naval: 23.4%
  • Air Force: 22%
  • Other: 26.5%

Oscalantine: $3.87 T military budget
  • Army: $79.4 B
  • Naval: $4.4 T
  • Air Force: $812 B
  • SUBTOTAL: $5.29 T
  • TOTAL: $7.19 T

Lenyo: $317 B military budget (I'm throwing this together as I type.)
  • Army: $100.8 B
  • Naval: $74.2 B
  • Air Force: $69.7
  • SUBTOTAL: $244.7 B
  • TOTAL: Calculated to total budget

Now I'll go back-calculate my military.

KingIsaac: $4.72 T military budget
  • Army: $317 B
  • Naval: $3.72 T
  • Air Force: $6.53 T
  • SUBTOTAL: $10.57 T
  • TOTAL: $14.38 T

Naval and AF calculations based off of the US. Other encompasses intelligence, special ops, R&D, and all of the other ridiculous things our militaries do. Army is based off of the Russian Ground Forces
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 pm

My figures aren't even immune from gross exaggeration. I just cut 1100 aircraft and 25 ships. But I did greatly increase my army's size. (Lenyo is obviously much bigger.) So my army was accurate; my other branches ridiculously off.

I also demand a hold on the war thread until military numbers are sorted out. Osc, you need to halve your military. KI needs to cut two-thirds.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:20 am

Wait.

When you bought a warship you're gonna use it until after 30-50 years. I you bought an aircraft you're gonna use it for 20-30 years.

Not all of my military were bought right now. Some were bought even during our old forum era.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:55 am

Very true.

HOWEVER... you are notified of having jet fighters in masses. That means that upkeep for those planes would be astronomical. But... KI, you have a point.

But for arguement's sake... if you can distinguish between state-of-the-art planes (I would say generation 4 jet fighters and up) should be distinguished while older versions of fighters (gen 3 down) should be noted. If you have questions, refer to wikipedia article about jet fighter generations. That should help you ^^

I would say, though... that 100k is a bit too much. However, having 8k navy is also a bit too much. Regardless, I also dully noted that much of Ras's stuff wasn't made yesterday either, so KI should slide by as long as he isn't saying that he has more than 100 units of gen 4 jet fighters. If THAT is the case, though... we may have some problems. It is impossible to field and arm... let alone maintain... that number of gen4 aircrafts without neglecting your navy. I mean... look at Osc. We have 1000 gen3 aircrafts, but we field quite a bit of UAVS and have quite a bit of navy. I think those kind of tradeoff would be necessary.

EDIT: just saw Len's calc...

I would say, Len, that you have got it quite good on my part... XDDDD on trillion-dollar navy.
But I somehow doubt that my army is THAT weak... if anything, I would say that my airforce doesn't deserve that much credits. If ANYTHING... the heli-squads that I have would get funding from the army instead of airforce. And most of the airplanes are donated (and probably rotting if it wasn't for free contract) by Xia. So I would venture further to say that airforce's budget is practically nonexistent. Maybe a billion here and there to pay for the militarymen's services.

And I would indeed say that 2T is for etc part. I mean... I assume that over 1T would go to Corporate Army and rest would go to CWD along with naval and army's funding mixed into it. I suppose thanks to lack of bureaucrats in my system (seriously... they are woefully inefficient...), I would be running a tight, but balanced budget. Tyty for pointing this out.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:13 am

Alright... revisiting the current calc...

I am keeping the DIVISION of each country status-quo... for now. THEREFORE... Oscal and KI gets lowered ranking: AA and A respectively. Both countries kept their divisions despite their attempts at economic recovery is due to overspending in military activities... such as launching Eraser to space for KI and excessive military operations for Oscal.

Other countries... Isis is inactive, so status quo... and Lenyo is new, so nothing until his conversion from HESS is legitimized via RP posts.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:15 am

KI, the cost of a military branch include operations, maintenance, military personnel, procurement, R&D, construction, and miscellaneous expenses. There's plenty of money being spent beyond the initial purchase.

Osc, I'm not saying your army is weak. It's just a lot cheaper, especially when compared to a comically large navy. That's still a good army.

But my many points stand. You are, respectively, spending double and treble your budget. So unless you slash your military spending to half or one-third its current level, not only will you be massively indebted, but Lenyo can conquer you with ease. Because such a poorly maintained military will have vessels that can't steer, immobile vehicles, no ammunition, and missiles which detonate before launching. Don't fix your budget, and I will RP a massacre of your entire fleet, which I will assume is totally unarmed and already on the verge of sinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Desk of Credit Control
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next