Tiberiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tiberiam

The official forum for the region of Tiberiam

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desk of Credit Control

Go down 
+2
Lenyo
Oscalantine
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:24 am

Erm...

Len, didn't you JUST hear what KI and I have been saying?

We would spend less than 15% of our budget to create ANY MORE armies. Seriously, you don't create what you are spending OVERNIGHT. We assume that some of the weapons that we have are a bit outdated... but most military units are not replaced for 50 years. Those are BUILT like that.

And I DO believe I mentioned that my navy is NOT ALL HIGH-TECH. Seriously, dude. Those include ALL the naval units, from small ships to massive stealth submarines. If you want to know the battle-ready naval units, I would say it comes close to 5k, with 3k being subs and 2k being fleets. I would further say that most of the 3k are submarine cruisers... about 40%... while 30% are long-ranged subs and about 5% are submerged platforms, including stealth subs and stealth submerged aircraft carrier. Other 25% are USCVS. Still expensive, but not nearly as subs are. Same goes for 2k fleets. About 40% are RckWd thermal boats (Oscal's equivalent of patrol boats), 20% are destroyers 5% are GngBng and 5% are aircraft carriers... including small carriers. Since Hijima conflict, we have started production of battleships, but those are not fielded yet since they are under construction. The other 30%? They are usually police-funded boats that patrol the sea during non-wartime. And thus, those are funded by LaO funding.

I merely mentioned those numbers are A) intimidation factor and B) because I felt it was nice for others to know my full strength when they are attacking. And personally? Those calculations really mean nothing during actual war... we are not going to use EVERY SINGLE ONE of those ships anyways.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honor: Honorary RPer
Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 am

The crap computer I'm on periodically crashes.

First, I only accept the Defense portion of your government budget. Everything else is 100% privatized and separate form your government spending.

And you realize what the sheer upkeep cost of your fleet is, right? It's 28 times larger than the US Navy, and that Navy is not disproportionately subs. I've already given you a huge break in calculation. Subs have huge upkeep.

Also, a navy isn't built in a day. It requires decades of building up. Running $4 trillion deficits for decades will result in a collapsed government.

Take my advice, halve your budget. You'll still have the advantage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:27 am

Erm... Len... I do admit that I do have a problem with my military budget in my spending... but didn't I mention WHY this is so to begin with? Are you sure you are not saying to half my navy ? ^^

Regardless... my current buildup stays... esp. since VP20 is coming up. I am planning on yet another clever scheme to keep my country with yet another profit anyways. Regardless, I never knew I had 4 trillion trade deficit... from NSeconomy, I suppose? If that is the case... I dunno if I would trust that. Mainly because I have been trying to get my country back up to "Corporate Bordello" and have been making choices on issues that probably won't be something that Oscal does. Believe me... I don't like giving civil rights...
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I don't know how you are not getting this. You have a $3.87 T defense budget. You are spending $7.19 T per annum. Fix this. Halve your navy and make a slight cut on your air force.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this is fair. I cut 1,100 planes from my air force and 25 vessels from my navy. My figures were so off that doubling my budget still had me overspending ridiculously.

Either we take our military spending seriously and strictly regulate logical budgeting, or we open the floodgates to noobish godmodding. It's not fair to let some people have endless armies while others have to budget. (And sorry if I'm becoming a broken record.)

(Also, the totals in my calculation are just 36% bigger than the subtotal. Gotta leave plenty of room for special ops and spies and OMC's. So cut your military branches, and the other category falls with it.)
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker
KingIsaac

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:04 am

Edes wrote:
Recommended Budget
  • Army: 31.8%
  • Naval: 23.4%
  • Air Force: 22%
  • Other: 26.5%

Oscalantine: $3.87 T military budget
  • Army: $79.4 B
  • Naval: $4.4 T
  • Air Force: $812 B
  • SUBTOTAL: $5.29 T
  • TOTAL: $7.19 T

Lenyo: $317 B military budget (I'm throwing this together as I type.)
  • Army: $100.8 B
  • Naval: $74.2 B
  • Air Force: $69.7
  • SUBTOTAL: $244.7 B
  • TOTAL: Calculated to total budget

Now I'll go back-calculate my military.

KingIsaac: $4.72 T military budget
  • Army: $317 B
  • Naval: $3.72 T
  • Air Force: $6.53 T
  • SUBTOTAL: $10.57 T
  • TOTAL: $14.38 T

Naval and AF calculations based off of the US. Other encompasses intelligence, special ops, R&D, and all of the other ridiculous things our militaries do. Army is based off of the Russian Ground Forces

I would highly suggest if you would base your calculations on Chinese military spending.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:02 am

Meh, I know that we need reduction in military anyways.

As soon as my finals are gone, I am re-editing my numbers. It should also set a standard for newer players to look at as well ^^
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward
Lenyo

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 pm

KingIsaac wrote:
Spoiler:
I would highly suggest if you would base your calculations on Chinese military spending.
Pff. That's for militaries without bloated budgets. Even my defenses are ridiculous, and they're modest compared to yours.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 am

I'll be re-working this...

However, this time, you have chance to appeal to me. If you want epic credit rating... let me know via reasoning. If you want low rating, then let me know the reason why.

Other than that, I'll be looking at database and deciding... also a bit of legacy, but mostly your military numbers, tbh. So... please, update it. Otherwise, you'll have a lot of explaining to do.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward
Oscalantine

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:12 pm

For the sake of fairness...

I decided to make it so that everyone starts at the same point : Great Economy with Epic budget balance. As long as you keep that, all economies will shoot up to highest level. However, I would think that would rarely be the case when we start spending crap ton of stuff for various government contracts... ^^;

I think everyone deserve a break from my previous legacy, but don't let your spending shoot off the roof... as since I made sure everyone was equal to start, small difference in the beginning of RP could means quite disastrous.

... Hmm... I may make this setting default for all those who enter, and have period of VERY sensitive rating evaluation. Maybe that would work better than downing every country to start at "so-so economy" and working way up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Credit Control   Desk of Credit Control - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Desk of Credit Control
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3